ALHAMBRA - Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) is relocating its Alhambra branch payment office, effective March 23, company officials said. The current payment office at 7 S. First Street will close March 23 and reopen March 30 at 333 E. Main Street.
The new branch office will offer customers the same services as before and include access for customers with disabilities.
“Customers with disabilities are enjoying new improvements at SoCalGas payment locations,” said Helen Romero Shaw, public affairs manager at SoCalGas.
“Over the past couple of years, SoCalGas has been upgrading its branch offices to address accessibility for disabled customers and be compliant with Americans with Disability Acts (ADA) standards.”
ADA upgrades at each branch office include:
- Addition of accessible route which comprises of handicapped parking stalls, curb ramps, paths of travel, landing and running slopes to branch office
- Replacement of loose mats with fixed mats at door entrances
- Replacement of 24-hour payment depositories that are at ADA height
- Addition of volume control and reach of public service telephones in lobbies
- Addition of information/check writing counters to be at ADA height/knee depth
- Addition of brochure racks to be at ADA height
- Addition of payment transaction counters at ADA height/knee depth While the Alhambra branch office move is underway, customers may pay their natural gas bills at a number of locations:
- SoCalGas Pasadena Branch Office, 1214 E. Green Street, #102, Pasadena
- Walmart, 1827 Walnut Grove Ave., Rosemead
- Lou’s Liquor Store, 520 E. Valley Blvd., San Gabriel
-Beach’s Market, 8235 E. Garvey Ave., Rosemead